Residents can request that personal information contained it our utility records NOT be released to unauthorized persons.
Texas Legislature has allowed publicly-owned utilities to give their customers the option of making the customer's address, telephone number and social security number confidential.
Under law, the City must provide this information to those listed below:
- An official or employee of the State or a political subdivision of the State, or the Federal Government acting in an official capacity.
- An employee of a utility acting in connection with the employee's duties.
- A consumer reporting agency.
- A contractor of sub-contractor approved by and providing services to the utility or to the State, a political subdivision of the State, the Federal Govenment, or an agency of the State or Federal Government.
- A person for whom the customer has contractually waived confidentiality for personal information.
- Another entity that provides water, wastewater, sewer, gas, garbage, electricity, or drainage service for compensation.
To request that personal information contained in our utility records NOT be released to unauthorized persons, please fill out the form below, or download the form here and return to City Hall. The charge to limit the release of information is: $2.00. This can be paid to City Hall in person, or can be billed on your Utility Bill.