The City of Bunker Hill Village is considered a Type A General Law City and is governed by a Mayor and five Council Members elected at large. A Type A General Law City is one that had at the time of its incorporation 600 or more inhabitants. General Law Cities have a population less than 5,000 and are authorized to do only what the State Constitution or Legistlature has authorized.
General Election Information
The City of Bunker Hill Village holds its election for the Mayor and City Council on the second Saturday in May of each year. The election for Positions 1, 2, and 3 are held in even numbered years, while the election for Mayor and Positions 4 and 5 are held in odd numbered years.
Qualitfications for Mayor and City Council Members
In General Law Municipalities, the qualifications for the Office of Mayor and City Council Members are:
- Be a United States citizen
- Have been a resident of Texas for at least 12 months, as of the deadline for filing for the office
- Have resided in the City for at least 6 months preceding election day
- Have a current voter registration certificate
- Be 18 years of age or older upon the commencement of the term to be filled at the election
- Not have been convicted of a felony for which he or she has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities
- Not have been deemed mentally incompetent by a final judgement of a court
For Additional Election information & Voter information, click here.
For Elected Officials, click here.