New Development Ordinances Effective January 1, 2015
Please refer to the following Key Ordinance Components for Planning and Development:
Monday - Friday
7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sundays and City Holidays
No work allowed
To register as a contractor, please register online here.
Online Registration: Once Member Registration is complete, you will receive an email to confirm your email, in which you can register as a contractor under the Permits tab. Within this system, you will be able to access permits and schedule inspections online.
Building Permit Instructions
- The yellow permit copy must be posted on your projects and visible for the inspector.
- If you received a white permit copy, that is for your records so that you have the permit number.
- The required inspections are listed on your permit typically in the order that they need to occur.
- You received an inspection request form when you received your permit. Please use if for all inspection scheduling requests except online requests.
- We do not accept call in inspection requests.
- You may schedule an inspection in the following methods:
- ALL INSPECTION REQUESTS MUST BE IN BY 3:00 PM TO SCHEDULE FOR THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY.
- A permit not posted or a failed inspection will result in a $65.00 re-inspection fee.
- If you desire a partial inspection, you need to detail what you want inspected and state "Partial Inspection". You will also be charged a $65.00 inspection fee after the inspection to pay for the additional inspection.
- The inspector will sign your permit either an approval or failed status.
- If your inspection is not approved, you must pay the re-inspection fee of $65.00 BEFORE scheduling your next inspection. You may pay online using Visa or MasterCard or in person at City Hall.
Permit & Other Inspection Fees
Permit & Regulation Requirements
Below you will find the various permits required and regulations for various construction projects.
Includes: A/C, Plumbing, Electrical
Website Instructions for Permit Access
To Register for the first time, click here and go to the upper right corner and click "Register". Please complete the information on the drop down form that appears and click "Create Member". An email will be sent to the email address you entered. Please go to that email and click the link that is shown in the email. You will be redirected to the site for login. Enter your email address and the password you set up earlier. You are now on the permit page. There will be four tabs accross the top of the page, click the "Permits" tab. Complete the registration information and click "Submit Registration Request". You will receive an email once your registration has been approved.
To purchase permits or schedule inspections, click here, then "Login" using the button in the upper right corner. Once logged in, click the "Permits" tab. Any permits you have already purchased will be listed. You may click the blue permit number to see other functions such as scheduling. Other functions including applying for a new permit, paying fees and project information is listed on the right side of the page.